Senior Full Stack Java Developer at Sentaca (Toronto, ON, Canada)
How do you feel about meeting new challenges and becoming an agent of change in the telecommunications industry? You will join an energetic team working on a variety of solutions for our customers using test driven development and CI/CD. We’re looking for a critical thinker that enjoys playing with new technologies, and confidently (and curiously!) brings their unique voice and perspective to the table.
What Problems Will You Be Solving?
One of the benefits of our company is that you won’t be working on one particular project for a long period of time – you’ll be working with different clients on different problems with a variety of teams – so flexibility and a willingness to learn new things are necessary to succeed! Think of it as having the fun and variety of a consulting gig but having a solid team supporting you as well as all the benefits and security of full-time employment! Some examples of projects that our team is currently working on are:
- Assisting with our client’s Agile transformation;
- Assessing the current technology landscape and recommending future technology to meet our client’s strategic goals;
- Migrating from monolithic to microservices architecture;
- Helping our clients in developing their DevOps practices using principles such as automation, continuous integration, continuous delivery and proactive monitoring;
What You’ll Do
You will be designing and developing various solutions for our customers (who are generally mobile operators and vendors) and your average day will vary but will likely include:
- Working on-site with our team and customers (including traveling to client premises as required within the GTA);
- Application and infrastructure design from concept through development and implementation;
- Interfacing with the Project Manager/Scrum Master/Product Owner & other developers on the team;
- Ensuring that the code you’ve written functions as designed by creating automated unit and integration tests, which execute in our continuous delivery pipeline.
Skills & Requirements
Must Have Skills/Experience
You’re a technology polyglot, fluent (or at least familiar) with the following:
- JAVA Core
- Spring Frameworks
- WebServices (Rest and SOAP)
- OO Design and analysis using Design Patterns
- Relational Databases (MySQl, Postgress or Oracle)
- You have some experience in an Agile environment using TDD (Test Driven Development)
Nice to Have Skills/Experience
- Exposure to Microservices Architecture
- Linux Networking
- Experience with test driven development, continuous integration (and more specifically, continuous integration with Jenkins).