Senior Microservices Architect at Capgemini Americas (San Francisco, CA) (allows remote)
Job Description for the Microservices Architect & Technical Lead
This position focuses on defining a microservices based architecture that can respond to current and future digital business requirements, business systems, and business processes evolving in the PaaS cloud journey. The Architect will follow a collaborative process with stakeholders, fellow architects, product management and business partners to collect requirements; in order to fully articulate the architecture of the platform, launch a Proof-of-Concept (POC) for the target state
Architect would have to identify, deliver, and document the required artifacts to make solutions available, including strategy collateral, technical roadmaps, position statements, policies, standards, concepts, and logical specifications. After the architecture phase, the Architects actively consult throughout the execution phases, including design, engineering, migration, implementation, and operations. They feed implementation and operational challenges back into architectural opportunities.
- Assist clients in migrating existing apps to PaaS platform.
- Modernize customer applications, incrementally improving infrastructure and app architecture techniques.
- Work with clients to architect and build new cloud native apps.
- Work collaboratively with Global Technology & Operations, Business Units, and Infrastructure technology departments to set the technology direction, vision, and strategy to modernize from the current legacy set up to a PaaS defined microservices based architecture.
- Lead efforts to define future state architecture( distributed and cloud native) and roadmaps including architecture standards, guidelines, and industry best practices
- Implement, configure, Deploy and manage PaaS Platform which will utilize Public / Private cloud services.
- Demonstrate leadership role in ensuring that new and existing systems are aligned to microservices based architecture driven by Domain Driven techniques & cloud native design patterns.
- Exceptional, passionate, customer facing, hands-on architect willing to help customers realize the benefits of cloud native applications and architectures on PaaS Platform.
- Comfortable in new situation with new clients.
- Experience building distributed / service oriented / micro-services style and cloud based architecture.
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to generate stakeholder buy-in and lead through influence at a senior management level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills Ability to work in collaborative, cross functional, and multi-cultural teams
- Have an understanding of – or implementation experience in – building Twelve-Factor applications, and using Domain Driven Design.
- Java expert, with experience and familiarity building modern Spring application with Spring Boot; strong background with Spring and related projects.
- Agile practitioner, familiar with extreme programming, test driven development, pairing, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques.
- Experience refactoring enterprise modernization/net-new application development for medium to large-scale applications from legacy platform to the future state platform to be defined by PaaS based architecture
- 12+ years overall IT system architecture, design, development, deployment experience
- 3+ years legacy modernization architecture experience
- Specific experience with medium-large scale enterprise application modernization, including application readiness assessment, organizational change, and greenfield/brownfield implementations on a PaaS platform.
- Deep technical knowledge of integrating with Netflix Open source platform components (Eureka, Hystrix, Ribbon etc.)