- Screening round: A quick chat over skype/hangout followed by a coding exercise (you can take as much time you want to complete the exercise)
- Interviews: There will be four interviews based on how the process goes. Mainly with Head of tech, Head of product, Engineer and CEO(if required).
- 3+ years’ on-the-job experience
- Proficient in node.js runtime
- You’ve worked with distributed version control systems such as Git or Mercurial, and loved them
- You’re experienced in AWS, especially EC2, RDS, and S3 (and other acronyms we may not have even heard of yet)
- API development using Express.js backed by SQL database
- Experience with RDMS like MySQL
- Devops experience using elastic-beans-stalk or docker in AWS is a bonus
- Experience working with remote development team
- Competitive startup salary, with an opportunity for equity options based on experience (40K to 55K / annum – will be defined as a freelance contract)
- Culture is important to us. We love what we do, and make sure everyone in the team feels valued, respected and important. This makes people take pride in their work, and that’s when the best work is produced. A few of the many perks of joining the Hostmaker team:
- A fast-growing seed-stage company full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday
- A supportive investor group that believes in our vision
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time
- Discounted Airbnb travel
- Discounts at Hostmaker homes (we’re in London, Rome, Barcelona and Paris! And looking to expand into Asia)
- Trust, always. While we’ll always be there to support you, we expect a good level of autonomy (Google is your friend). In return we’ll give you space to think freely without us breathing down your neck
- To work remotely, if you want to – we believe productivity isn’t dictated by time spent chained to a desk
- Flexibility! Though our technology stack is built on Rails, Node.js, and Ember.js, we’re more concerned with your ability to solve problems, self-motivate and learn new skills than what specific languages and frameworks you know
- To focus on the bigger picture, not just the dots (or, 1s and 0s). While you should be detail-oriented, you should also have a keen understanding of customer needs and strive to fulfil them at every turn
- To become part of a close-knit, hard-working team – you’ll need to be able to collaborate with the wider Hostmaker family as well as you can chat code with other devs
- A marketing website focused on property owners
- A dashboard for our property owners to understand how we are looking after their properties and making them money
- A booking platform where you can book cleaning services, or someone to meet your guests
- A mobile app that our housekeepers, drivers and welcome wizards use
- A tool to price all of our properties, and list across multiple booking sites (airbnb, booking.com, homeaway etc), used by our team of pricing experts
- A tool to algorithmically optimise the schedule of our field staff, so that they can move around the city in the most efficient way, used by our operations team
- Backend systems to manage all of our bookings, properties, guests etc from the office
- … and even more are planned.
To apply: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please attach your CV. Please also tell us a few thing the answers the following questions.
1) How do you stay up to date with technology – new libraries/patterns? (ex. blogs you follow, people you follow, books you have read)
2) Why and How do you work remotely?