Senior Java Engineer at FinTech Startup + Stock Options at Grey Swan Technologies, Inc. (Austin, TX) (allows remote)
Design an ultra-high performance financial system and own your design/implementation in a mutually respectful collaborative environment with a no-nonsense team.
Why This Position Should Interest You
We’re working to make a significant change in an established industry which is currently not being served, nor is yet well understood by Silicon Valley. We’ve assembled a highly experienced and senior team who is serious and working diligently to realize our vision. We love open source technologies, and believe in managing and maintaining our own data centers, and are investing our time and money to push the limits of what’s possible.
We are an innovative, regulated FinTech startup in stealth mode, building an institutional level risk transfer solution. We are a small group of senior-level engineers, financial traders, and entrepreneurs with over 75 years of experience in startup ventures. We are working on a startup with both significant upside and extremely interesting engineering challenges. We have invested a great deal of time in solving a large, global business problem and are now seeking technical expertise for design and implementation.
– You’ve worked in large corporate engineering environments, and perhaps even a Silicon Valley startup, for over 5-10 years.
– You seek intellectually challenging projects; solid technical & business teams; the freedom to create & influence well designed solutions that you can be proud of, without the gridlock typically associated with larger projects.
– You have developed misgivings toward large frameworks and now tend toward minimalistic & elegant designs that leverage libraries.
– Report to the Sr. VP of Engineering, but work within a highly collaborative environment devoid of hierarchical constraints.
– Initially you will work remotely with the goal of transitioning into a small office in downtown Austin, TX
– Participate in an ongoing conversation with other team members with the goal of creating the best design possible.
– Design and architecture of high-performance systems
– Commitment to operation within a collaborative framework of design, decision making and implementation (see Valve Employee Handbook)
– 6+ years Java experience
– Solid knowledge of database architecture and design
– High-performance database environments
– Engineered solutions within highly regulated environments, such as HIPAA or PCI, where security is paramount
– Java optimization
– Development for & within Linux-based environment
– Financial systems
While the candidate may work virtually, we are looking for someone in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate there.