WordPress Developer at Diamond (Los Angeles, CA) (allows remote)
WordPress Developer responsible for both backend and frontend development, including creating WordPress themes and plugins. The ideal candidate will provide well-structured and well-documented code and communicate effectively with other members of the development team.The individual should have a strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems.
- Build websites, prototypes, and applications using the latest frontend technologies
- Providing timely resolution to reported problems with existing websites.
- Working closely with both the design and project resources to achieve the best possible results in web projects from conception right through to delivery.
- Ensuring all work adheres to current industry best practice.
- Self motivated, goal oriented and able to work in a team environment.
- Use common sense at all times and pay close attention to detail.
- Committed, enthusiastic, sincere, trustworthy and conscientious.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis.
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications and using the best practice & defacto standard plugins.
- Experience with understanding and using WP-CLI
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Experience creating and modifying WordPress themes
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, SVN, and Mercurial
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Strong understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment is preferred