Blue Orange Digital: Senior Data Engineer
Headquarters: San Francisco
**This is a remote position but must be in the US**
Founded by a team of freelance engineers, Blue Orange Digital wanted to bring an engineering approach to the agency model. Our projects use the latest and greatest technologies and afford/require a lot of direct code contribution from each developer. We care about the products we build and only work with clients that understand that good applications come from happy engineers. We are an entirely remote company with team members all across the US.
We are looking for a Python/SQL Developer responsible for managing the interchange of data between the server and the users. Our project ingests data from multiple sources, wrangles the disparate data into a unified schema, and then provides a final database for reporting efforts by other groups.
Applicants must be comfortable managing other developers, making architectural decisions to support both client-side applications and Machine Learning and NLP.
Your primary focus will be the development of server-side logic, data ingestion, data wrangling, and algorithm development. Major technologies involved include Python 3, Pandas, Apache Airflow, MySQL/MariaDB, CentOS.
Skills And Responsibilities
- Development of new RDBMS schema to handle the addition of new datasets.
- Ability to write intermediate to advanced SQL for data wrangling and reporting efforts.
- Development of Python/Pandas code (typically for Airflow) to wrangle multiple datasets covering a full spectrum of ETL tasks including entity resolution.
- Occasional linux server management including the review or management of log files, crontab, security configuration, etc.
- Familiarity with machine learning topics to support supervised and unsupervised classification efforts.
- Data exploration, analysis, and reporting skills with an eye towards developing a narrative using Jupyter Notebook.
- Working understanding of REST APIs.
- Developing techniques to work with both tabular and hierarchical data.
To apply: Send a resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org