Database Developer at Red Rock Tech Solutions, LLC (Raleigh, NC) (allows remote)
Location: Colorado Springs, CO, Albuquerque, NM, or St George, UT; remote is an option
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Perform complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provide 24×7 support for critical production systems (part of the on call rotation)
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
Team Size / Dynamics
- You will be working with a small distributed team: 2 other DBA’s, 2 Business Intelligence Analysts and a variety of technical team members (systems, developer, and QA groups)
- We are collaborative workers, and use Kanban for task management, Slack for team communication and Jell for team “stand-ups”.
- 5+ years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- 5+ years T-SQL development
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Data Modeling
- Knowledge of software development life cycles
- Experience with Azure SQL and other data engines
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications a plus
The other requirements (hard to quantify, but important nonetheless):
- Being passionate is important… the data & systems you maintain help support our aggressive growth as a company. We want you to own the projects you work on, and make them the best they can be. Transportation might not be the most exciting field in the world, but we are looking for somebody who can get excited about transforming it.
- We need somebody who communicates well. Being able to communicate well in the English language, both written and verbal, is important. You will end up working with people other than developers & technical team members (end users, company management, etc.).
- We require a willingness to adapt and learn. Nobody knows everything, and we don’t expect you to either. You will need the ability to pick things up quickly and be nimble in your approach.
- We are heavily invested in Microsoft technology with Windows Server, .NET, SQL Server, and Azure serving as the foundation for our systems.
- SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2016 (Enterprise), Azure SQL Database
Red Rock Tech Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.