Medior Software Engineer (Node.JS/Fullstack) at Zoover & Weeronline (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
At Zoover we strive to make exploring and booking a holiday as much fun as the holiday itself. That’s quite an ambition, and therefore there is much work to be done. We believe that the real understanding of our customers is the key to success and therefore is UX one of our top priorities. That also means there is a big technical challenge and this gives you the opportunity to develop yourself to a higher level.
- You are part of the Agile development team and you are able to solve tricky problems and contribute to the success of the product;
- You are driving the continuous evolution of the new front-end and back-end architecture and development infrastructure;
- You support continuous deployment of UX components and swift implementation of design improvements;
- You are going to build something of which you still don’t know the exact outcome – how exciting is that?
Our technical challenge:
- A solid up-to-date backend and a completely new front-end (web and app);
- We want everything to be first class so we can compete with the big online players;
- Solid and efficient development team able to drive product and platform innovation;
- We have a strong need for technical cleverness and skills to create a roadmap that ensures visual improvements for consumers, but also works towards an architecture based on Elasticsearch, Node.js and React/Redux.
Your background and skills:
- You have at least 1 year of experience with Node.js development and solid knowledge base of other back-end languages and systems (3+ years), within a consumer facing web environment;
- You have experience designing scalable REST API’s and production application monitoring, scaling and maintenance;
- You worked with such databases like MongoDB, PostgreSQL/MySQL, Elasticsearch, designing the architecture and doing maintenance/configuration;
- It would be great if you have experience with several of: ES6/Next, Multi-threaded/Async programming patterns, Load/performance optiomization, Docker, Microservices, Kubernetes, ELK stack, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Travis/Jenkins, REST API design, Selenium, Browserstack, Mocha, Supertest, JMeter, Sinon, Istanbul…
- Knowledge of client-side focused tools and libraries would be a plus: React, Flux, Redux, Babel, Gulp, Webpack, JSDom…
- You are a strong communicator and connector;
- Very good conversational skills in English.