Data Scientist (OWL/RDF/SPARQL) $500 – $700 Per Day at GuardX (Raleigh, NC)
GuardX is a fast-growing startup that provides Proprietary Big Data, Cybersecurity Products, Consulting Services, and External Recruitment Solutions.
Since inception the organization has quickly gained a strong reputation in the industry by providing, efficient, cost-effective, and pragmatic solutions in all three areas transversely for its clients. “Empowering Talent + Analytics” is our Ethos.
- Great time to join since the bank is looking at Semantic Web setup for Machine learning / NLP
- Long term 1-year project, ongoing with a Global, stable Investment Bank
- Opportunity to utilize Big Data technology for real-time streaming
- Relocation assistance provided for local US applicants
- Work with highly intelligent and passionate people in a close-knit team in an exciting fast paced environment
The successful candidate will work with our client to understand their data models and analytical requirements, help design and extend our semantic models (ontologies and taxonomies) to incorporate the clients data models, and define the mappings between the two using standard mapping tools, such as RDB2RDF and a vendor supported mapping interface.
The candidate will also help design and build analytic solutions to client requirements using semantic graph databases and big data platform components (Spark, Hive, etc.).
- A formal background and proven experience in mathematics, logic, statistics and computer science, particularly within the financial services sector. Experience within related fields such as physics, analytic philosophy, chemistry, or biology will be considered
- A successful history of developing taxonomies and/or ontologies in RDF/OWL or other formal knowledge representation system
- A successful history in utilizing No-SQL databases, particularly RDF Graph databases, for analytic purposes
- Data Concepts (ETL, near-/real-time streaming, data structures, metadata and workflow management)
- The ability to function within a multidisciplinary, global team. Be a self-starter with a strong curiosity for extracting knowledge from data and the ability to elicit technical requirements from a non-technical audience
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present deep technical findings to a business audience
This position is only available to people residing within the United States or Canadian Citizens.
For a complete job description or confidential discussion, please feel free to call Anthony directly on 917.602.7578 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Click “Apply Now“