Senior Big Data/Java Developer at unblu (Basel, Switzerland)
Are you passionate about high quality product development? That’s what we are doing at unblu. And we want more awesome people to join us!
Right now we are looking for a senior Big Data/Java Developer to join our team in Basel.
unblu is a leading vendor for co-browsing and live collaboration solutions. We work in small, efficient teams where development, product management, marketing, design and delivery work closely together. Every Friday we have a developers breakfast to share knowledge. Our offices are next door to the main railway station.
About our stack
We use java as the main language (converted to ECMAscript 6 / 5 for browser clients). Where required we also use c/c++ Swift or others. Our software is highly interactive and in many areas requires real-time processing. We use functional reactive programming both on server and on client side (RxJS / RxJava). We use Kafka and Zookeeper (for Kafka and for service discovery). We need to be very flexible to support both cloud and on premises installations. Our data layers need your expertise to scope with rapidly growing demands (large volumes, better analytics, still real time). We use Kubernates, Docker, HTTP/2, Blink/CEF, grpc, Jenkins, Eclipse and lots of other cool stuff.
- Design, develop and test scalable real-time (big) data processing pipelines
- Deliver modules for a highly complex and distributed software system based on cutting edge technology
- Participate in architecture, design, effort estimation, implementation testing and documentation
- Closely work together with product management, design and delivery teams
- An interesting and challenging role in the core product development team of the world’s leading co-browsing software manufacturer
- A high level of responsibility
- Work in a friendly and highly motivated team
- Competitive salary, 5 weeks holidays and flexible working hours