Content Marketing Specialist @ iCompass
You have the knowledge and skills to become a marketing triple threat, creating industry leading written, video and visual content. You’re known for telling great stories. You love to write, do interviews and conduct research. Having good grammar is one of your most important criteria for making new friends. And you’re excited by the unlimited potential of working for a fast-growing, innovative tech company that uses industry leading tools and approaches.
About the Position
iCompass’ revenue operations team is looking to add 2 critical members to the team! We are a growing, dedicated group that leads the local government technology industry in marketing and selling software solutions to local governments.
A critical element of our strategy is helping local government through content – both in providing educational, thought-leadership focused information and sales assets that helps potential buyers educate themselves about how our solutions could help them better serve citizens.
The Content Marketing Specialist will become a multi-faceted content marketing guru, working with the sales, marketing and customer success teams as well as our partners to tell stories in written, visual and video formats. At the same time they’ll need to become experts in local government writing blogs, and whitepapers on the latest trends, and curating content from a variety of other leading sources.
iCompass works in a remote team environment so this job is open to people from across Canada.
How you’ll make a big impact
- Crafting a narrative through different media on different topics to our key persona that compels them to continue tracking us and coming back.
- Managing our blog by creating engaging posts and managing the calendar
- Interview customers and other local government officials for stories on our website and for the creation of video testimonials and case studies
- Managing our social media accounts to increase our following/engagement on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
- Write engaging action-provoking marketing and sales emails
- Update and maintain our website
- Create software demo videos
- A/B test everything to optimize our content
- Reporting on your content’s contribution to revenue and progression of leads through the buyer’s journey
- SEO optimization to help our online assets rank better on search engines
Desired Experience and Skills
- First and foremost – you are creative, have a strong work ethic and enjoy a fast-paced environment
- We hire on attitude and initiative, so no direct marketing experience is required, although 1-3 years marketing or journalism experience would be an asset
- Undergraduate Degree in Business, Marketing or Journalism
- Strong persuasive writer and with top-notch grammar skills (can you spot the errors in this post?)
- Strong computer skills, primarily in Microsoft Excel and GSuite
- Video shooting/editing
- Graphic Design
- Comfortable representing the iCompass brand at conferences and other marketing events
- Potential occasional travel in Canada and the United States
- Intimate knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, Gmail and other common work-focused technologies
- You’ve worked in the Marketo, Salesforce, Vidyard, Go To Webinar and/or Influitive platforms
- You know how local governments and their legislative processes work
- Google Analytics/data analysis experience
Why Work for iCompass?
iCompass is an award-winning software company, a leader in innovation for local government across North America. We offer a rapidly growing product-set and innovation network that features some of the most promising startups in govtech – we take pride in making a major impact in the lives of local government officials and the citizens they serve. The development of our industry marketing and sales systems/approach is being led by an awesome team of super passionate people. We work in a start-up type atmosphere which means the job is fast-paced and always changing. If this sounds like a great fit then we should talk!
On top of this we provide our employees with some good perks:
- Flexible, remote working environment
- Attractive compensation plan with full benefits and performance-based bonuses
- A fun, innovative atmosphere
- All the tools needed to do the job well
- Lots of opportunities for growth with the company