Zapier: Product Manager – SEO & Growth
Headquarters: San Francisco
Hi there! We’re looking for someone to lead our customer growth efforts through an effective SEO and growth strategy, which also includes supporting related marketing channels (specifically content marketing & editorial, PR & social, paid marketing). Interested in heading a remote team who’s on a mission to help people everywhere be more productive at work? Then read on…
Even though our job description may seem like we are looking for a candidate with a very specific skillset, the role will be tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you’re skilled SEO practitioner and can combine your analysis skills to help shape roadmaps and execute on strategies that will help improve rankings, links, bounce rates and more.
You have experience both setting and executing an SEO growth strategy for sites with hundreds of thousands of organic sessions a month. And you can replicate that experience across a site like Zapier.
You’re a skilled SEO and growth specialist. You are equally adept at setting the SEO product vision as you are with the technical tactics and tools needed to execute against that vision
You can translate analysis into plans. You know how to interpret the data you see, turn that into product roadmaps and well-designed features, and help teams execute on those roadmaps.
You respect the user. You embrace white-hat techniques because you know that when users interact with a site in a positive way you build long-term loyal customers.
You’re a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You’ll use written summaries and reports to communicate strategy, plans, findings, and results to the marketing and full Zapier team.
You’re a champion for doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Set and own monthly SEO traffic and customer acquisition / conversion goals. Consistently communicate those plans and progress to the team.
- Collaborate, on a daily basis, with a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, marketers, and content marketers to execute towards search goals
- Improve search rankings across our existing keyword targets and analyze keyword opportunities to help us spot new areas for growth
- Support existing link building programs and identify and build out new programs
- Provide product & UX support for related marketing growth channels – specifically content & editorial, PR, social, and paid marketing efforts
- Serve as the SEO evangelist within the company and help build it into one of the company’s core competencies
- Ensure proper SEO execution and QA site changes for potential SEO impacts
- Plug the holes: You should be comfortable executing on a variety of SEO or growth related tasks yourself to help finish items when the team doesn’t have dedicated resources and outsourcing or hiring isn’t an option
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, every week help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: Planet Earth.
If you want to work remote, that’s great. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
*While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
To apply: https://zapier.workable.com/j/9CF31942B0
Original post https://weworkremotely.com/jobs/6110-product-manager-seo