Business Intelligence Data Scientist at Swiss International Air Lines (Kloten, Schweiz)
As a member of the department ‘IT to Business Alignment Cross Domain’ you are responsible for the provisioning of specific business intelligence (BI) solutions for SWISS and Lufthansa Group (LHG). You help internal customers to manage their business needs and to make strategic decisions based on solid analysis of their data. In this position you are in charge of the support and change management of our BI applications. In addition, you are responsible for the design of standard reports for SWISS and LHG business and their development within a Tableau Software environment.
Furthermore you deliver business insights and measure strategic business goals based on interpretation of data and trends, ad hoc analysis, develop predictive analytics, produce technical forecasts using sound statistical models.
Finally you’re overall responsible that requests will be processed on time and compliant to the defined IT processes.
In your role you collaborate with the LHG teams in Frankfurt and Vienna. You work closely together with business departments to enable requirements analysis and engineering. You actively steer the implementation of their needs with our internal developers or external providers.
You drive LHG BI improvements by representing the SWISS Cross Domain in internal group-wide BI related projects.
- Formulate project orders, system specifications and support the solution-oriented evaluation process
- Manage projects or sub-projects according standard project management method
- Coordinate change requests according to the pre-defined change management concept
- Design standard report portfolio with optimal layouts for business and operational teams
- Implement statistical forecast models
- Produce interactive visuals with Tableau or use analytical tools to generate insight, recognise patterns
- Compute and measure business cases for new ideas and projects
- Assist power users on a regular basis, according to pre-defined support concept
- Support business partners to identify their needs and define requirements
- Collaboration with other BI teams within the LHG
- Overseeing the ongoing development of SWISS DWH/BI solutions that enables fact-based decision making and ad-hoc analysis
- University degree in Mathematics, Information technology, engineering or similar
- Good understanding of Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse concepts
- Experience in reporting/visualization software, ideally Tableau, as well as in data warehousing and in relational and unstructured data environments
- Working experience in commercially applied analytics, econometrical modeling and statistical software
- Good understanding in Requirements Engineering
- Experience in IT project management, PMP certification is an advantage
- Proven team player as well as ability to work independently and unsupervised
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in cross cultural environments
- Excellent conceptual capabilities, able to analytically break-down and solve complex problems with high focus on implementation
- Willingness to travel occasionally (Zürich, Basel, Frankfurt and Vienna)
- Fluent English is essential, German would be an advantage
Type of Contract:
IT to Business Alignment
01 May 2018
31 January 2018