Java Backend Software Engineer(s) at Payworks GmbH (London, UK) (allows remote)
What you will do…
You will be responsible for our backend system that is built to scale and handle millions of payment transactions. You will:
- Work with all the infrastructure in the cloud and use the latest technologies: Java8, Spring4, Hibernate5, Log4j2, Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Have the ability to propose change: Akka, NoSql, etc.
- Complete and automate CI and CD processes with Atlassian tools.
- Work in an open team, focused on testing and code quality.
- Give our frontend and mobile developers plenty of ammunition to build great applications – as we’re an API-first company.
- Work in close collaboration with our mobile and web developers. Also, you will have the chance to acquire knowledge in the rapidly changing payments market by working with our business guys and clients.
What we offer…
- The chance to get on board an energetic, growing company.
- An exciting role in which you will have a significant impact on the company’s future.
- An open culture that welcomes agile methods (Scrum, TDD, continuous deployment, retrospectives).
- A mindset, where we see software engineering as a skill where you never stop learning to write cleaner and more efficient code.
- A position where you can bring in your ideas to create the best products.
- Relocation support and allowance, free German classes.
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible working hours.
Skills & requirements
What we are looking for…
- You have experience in creating robust and scalable web services including their architecture, API design, testing, deployment and operation.
- You have a keen eye for details and the drive to become better at what you do everyday.
- You have a DevOps mindset.
- You know your Java and are not afraid to use other languages and tools to get the job done.
- You take ownership and make sure problems are resolved successfully.
- Work permit for UK is a must.