Senior Software Engineer w/ Voip / SIP / FreeSWITCH experience (remote ok) at Overpass (Newark, NJ) (allows remote)
Senior Telephony Engineer
We’re looking to hire a Software Engineer with VOIP / SIP / FreeSWITCH experience. You’ll help develop a complex communications platform from the ground up. At Overpass, you’ll have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and a dedicated development team that’s focused on building a quality product.
Skills & Requirements:
- Experience working with VoIP, SIP, TDM, and related technologies
- Experience with FreeSWITCH, Kamailio, Asterisk, etc.
- Experience with WebRTC, UC, and related technologies is a strong plus.
- Strong system, network debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Exposure to NoSQL, particularly CouchBase is a plus.
- IVR, TTS and ASR exposure
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Ability to write clean and tested code is necessary.
Perks & Considerations:
We care for our employees like we care for our consumers and, like our consumers, we want our employees to say, “I love Overpass!” Here are some considerations and a list of perks you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Our culture and environment promotes personal and professional growth
- We value teamwork and collaboration
- Work on the latest technologies, think Big Data, Machine Learning, etc.
- We give you access to Pluralsight and other resources to help you grow in your craft.
We offer the role the opportunity to be in-house or remote. For in-house employees the following considerations apply:
- We’ll provide you with awesome hardware
- Sit/Stand Desks
- Our kitchen is stocked with lots of snacks and food
- You’ll work in a newly renovated and designed office space
- We have a lounge area to rest your head or kick back when you need it
- Casual & relaxed work environment
- We offer competitive pay
- Flexible vacation days
- Full benefits package available for our permanent employees
- We have two locations: Newark, NJ (20-minute commute from the Manhattan) & Brooklyn, NY
We are a communications startup with offices in Newark, NJ and Brooklyn, NY. Our initial offering enables businesses to create and supervise calling campaigns for customer outreach. Companies can invite agents and start making calls in minutes. Right now, our platform is in beta and is being used and tested by a select group of customers.
Our Team & Culture:
Our team consists of successful Developers, Designers, Product and Business Development pros all working towards the same goal; enhance the experience of companies and workers, helping them achieve success through web-based communications.
We’re fortunate to have a team with a wealth of experience in both business and consumer based products. We know what it takes to truly make a difference in this space and we’re getting ready to show it to the world.
Each team member is unique and brings their own contributions to the table. We value work-life balance, career growth, personal growth, and being at the forefront of technology, design, and business.