Tech Lead at Anchormen (Amsterdam, Netherlands) (allows remote)
Anchormen is growing fast! For our challenging and complex Big Data projects, we are looking for a Tech Lead who will be able to ensure the motivation, enthusiasm, and quality of the projects. The Technical Lead must be able to provide our clients with optimal advice and service while simultaneously monitor deadlines. He is able to manage and inspire his team to achieve the best results possible and actively participate in the development of the projects.
The Tech Lead will be directly responsible for the delivery of the solution and the quality of the project. He will manage the project team together with a Scrum Master (Anchormen’s Project Manager). He will remain in contact with the client and build a relationship, provide advice and SLA, monitor the planning, and communicate with the different internal and external stakeholders.
Is your knowledge and energy vital to our projects?
- You will identify and document the clients’ requirements and translate them into high level design for Big Data solutions together with our Data Architect and Scrum Master.
- You like to coach junior and medior big data engineers and support them where needed.
- You have a helicopter view of the code design.
- You manage the ongoing trade off between delivery and technical debt.
- You organize code reviews with the project team to keep the quality of the project as high as possible.
- You will be responsible for managing the technical side of the project team.
- You will develop alongside the team.
- You will collaborate with the data architect to invent architecture solutions.
- You will monitor progress and quality and will communicate it to the client in collaboration with the project manager.
- You will be proactive in sharing knowledge with the project team, Anchormen and external events (on- and offline).
- It is (one of) the role of the Tech Lead to keep an eye open for new technologies.
- You believe in the clean code principle.
- You work and think at a Bachelors or Academic level.
- You have a minimum of five years experience as a software architect/developer or project leader.
- You have leadership abilities and are able to demonstrate your affinity for leading a project team.
- You have an enthusiastic personality and are able to steer people in the right direction.
- You have knowledge of OO and/or functional programming languages.
- You have more than 3 years experience with Java or Scala.
- You believe in the principle of ”clean coding”; you don’t just write code for yourself or a computer, but for your colleagues.
- You have hands-on experience with technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Cassandra, HBase, Hive, etc.
- You have experience working in an agile setting.
- You have knowledge of Machine Learning.
We help our clients to use Big Data in a smart way, which leads to new insights, knowledge and efficiency. We advise our clients on designing their Big Data platform. Our consultants provide advice, implement the appropriate products, and create complex algorithms to do the proper analyses and predictions.
Anchormen has an open working environment. Everyone is open to initiatives. You can be proactive in these, and have every freedom to allow your work to be part of our success. We don’t believe in micro-management, but give our people the freedom to function optimally. Hard work naturally also plays a part – but with enjoyment!
What we offer
- Flexibility in working from home.
- Competitive market salary.
- Training and development budget for employees’ personal growth.
- Being part of a fast-growing and innovative company.
- Travel allowance.
- Friendly and cooperative colleagues.
- Daily office fruit and snacks.
- All the coffee you can consume!