Team Lead- Big Data/applied Data Science at eBay (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
The eBay Classifieds Group (eCG) is an innovative global leader in online classifieds. Our sites help people find whatever they are looking for in their local communities. Every connection made or item found makes a difference by creating a world where people share more and waste less. We have eleven brands that span the globe offering online classifieds in more than 1,000 cities.
Our strong local presence is backed up by a suite of global capabilities, built and maintained by central product and development teams collocated in offices. We are looking at expanding these teams with focus on our Headquarters in Amsterdam.
You will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology and have impact across all our markets by providing innovative capabilities for all of our apps and sites. You would be responsible for driving a capability such as customer identity, taxonomy or inventory.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on large pieces of innovative technology touch many customers across the globe and we are looking for you as a:
Development Team Lead – Big Data and applied Data Science (m/f)
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead, coach and mentor a cross-functional team of engineers and data scientists
- Improve agile development and continuous deployment process
- Collaborate with and provide technical consultation to Business and Product Owners, UX, other Team Leads and engineers
- Foster continuous knowledge transfer in the team and across teams
- Ensure code quality and maintainability by evolving architecture and tech stack, code reviews, refactoring, standards and improving build and test systems
- Contribute to the team’s work with high-quality, well-tested and scalable code
- Several years of experience as a senior/lead backend developer with deep knowledge of Java 8, Scala, Spring Framework, web technologies and (non-)relational databases (bonus: node.js, react)
- Reasonable experience in project and team management
- Advanced understanding of design, implementation and operation of distributed services and APIs
- Experience in processing big data, applied data science and alternative languages like Python
- Passion for agile software development, product discovery and continuous delivery
- High aspiration for quality balanced with a good sense of pragmatism
- You understand quality assurance as a task of the entire team to build the best experience to the users
- Ability to thoroughly evaluate, employ and teach new technologies and concepts
- Effective oral and written English communication skills
What we offer:
- A family friendly company
- A dynamic team with exciting personalities, passion for e-commerce and professionalism
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility
- High team autonomy and agile environment
- Challenging work with a diverse, highly skilled and humorous team
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary and great benefits e.g. conference & education budget, company pension scheme, employee stock plans, mobile phone for business and personal use, Developer-grade notebook or desktop of your choice (Mac/PC)
- Excellent workplace in Amsterdam