Data Marketing Analyst (Booking.com) at Booking.com (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
As a Marketing Analyst at Booking.com you will be responsible for developing and implementing metrics and reporting to drive business understanding, build high-quality data sources and will support business stakeholders with actionable insights.
We are looking for a passionate person to join our analytics teams in affiliate marketing. You are used to work independently, you can dive deep into our business efforts to map existing processes, use data in a smart way to generate insights, and drive changes that measurably reduce cost to serve and improve performance. You will not only examine current processes, but also lead the team through process redesign and retooling to transform the area you work for.
- Use a variety of methodologies to measure effectiveness of marketing campaigns
- Conduct research and insightful analyses to help marketing teams determine optimal commercial deals
- Advocate and communicate our marketing strategy working closely with internal teams and departments
- Build scalable models including forecasting, clustering, fraud detection or causal impact analyses to support continued company growth locally and internationally
- Understand and apply different experimental designs as appropriate for marketing campaigns and an ability to analyze, interpret and communicate results
- Provide thought leadership on the complete cycle of gathering, checking, cleaning and using our data
- Develop insightful metrics, dashboards, reports and insights for the account managers, product teams and business leadership
- Support and change the business on how to think and use data. Educate them in the right data use and hypothesis building
- Develop relationships with other analytics, science and business teams within the company
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a relevant role
- Proven experience in conducting analyses and build new models with a commercial focus
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, bioinformatics, etc.)
- 3+ years working knowledge in programming/scripting (Python, R, SQL, Bash, Matlab…)
- Experience with Tableau or similar BI tool (Data Studio, Power BI, …) is a plus
- Experience with Google Analytics a plus
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written); the ability to convey complex analysis results clearly and with conviction to all levels of stakeholders
- Team player with strong interpersonal, relationship-building, and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and analytical reasoning
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses. We also offer what we call the “Booking Deal” with other competitive perks and benefits. You will be provided the opportunity to attend a broad range of trainings, team hackathons and global conferences.
This position is open to global candidates and in case of relocation we will support you and your family in successfully relocating to the Netherlands.
The hiring company Booking.com BV is the company behind Booking.com™, the market leading online accommodation reservation service in the world. Booking.com BV is looking for a Marketing Analyst – Strategic Partnerships in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. All references to “Booking.com” refer to Booking.com BV.
Department: Data Science