Software Engineer: Python | OpenStack | HPC at employer represented by techfolk (Bristol, UK)
StackHPC Ltd is seeking a Python software engineer, joining our growing engineering team to help implement our vision of high performance OpenStack for scientific computing customers. Our clients tackle some of the great scientific challenges of the modern age and StackHPC is proud to support them.
This role initially involves focusing on the monitoring, logging and telemetry requirements – both the best practice of well-run OpenStack infrastructure and more specifically on pushing the boundaries of how we understand and visualise the performance of scientific applications. This involves using cutting-edge technology to unlock the secrets of cloud performance.
Working alongside our accomplished OpenStack Developers and HPC Systems Developers, this is an excellent technical environment in which to improve your craft. We offer mentoring and a rich variety of projects where you can do important work, with recognition for your contributions.
You will need to be interested in understanding and developing the inner workings of cloud infrastructure, and how to develop it to accommodate the needs of the next generation of research computing. Working at StackHPC you will become an active contributor to the open source community. You should be self-disciplined and self-motivated, with strong analytical skills. Above all, you should work inclusively in a team.
- Working together on the creation of performant and scalable monitoring infrastructure
- Working with customers, sometimes on-site, on gathering telemetry data for application analysis
- Developing innovative new ways of presenting performance telemetry data
- Helping to improve operational resilience of OpenStack and identifying failure root causes
- Optionally, presenting your research at conferences and evangelising the work done by StackHPC
We’re looking for
- Technical knowledge of Linux-based cloud infrastructure technologies, such as; virtualisation, containerisation or software-defined networking (SDN)
- Exposure to the design or deployment of OpenStack or cloud services
- Experience using and/or administering SQL databases
- Development of applications that use or implement RESTful services
- Adept at programming in Python
- System-level programming experience an advantage
- Experience of dynamic web interface development an advantage
- Communication skills (written and oral) an advantage
- You may also be considering junior or mid level Python jobs such as: OpenStack Developer | OpenStack Software Engineer | OpenStack Deployment Engineer | Python Systems Developer | Python Software Engineer | Python Developer | Back End Developer | Cloud Infrastructure Developer | Back End Software Engineer etc.
Our current technology mix – we’ll help you get up to speed
- OpenStack services: Kolla, TripleO, Monasca, Heat, Neutron, Horizon, Nova
- Supporting components: Grafana, Kafka, MariaDB, ElasticSearch, InfluxDB
Salary and benefits
- £30,000 – £50,000+ negotiable
- Discretionary relocation assistance
- Pension contribution (TBD) | 25 days paid holiday | generous stock option scheme | completely flexible working practices | support for travel to conferences and delivering presentations | all development is upstream open source
Even if your CV isn’t ready, please talk with Andrew at techfolk to find out more:
0117 318 2447 | email@example.com | @we_are_techfolk
RECRUITERS: StackHPC has selected techfolk as our recruitment partner and cold calling is not welcomed.