Software Engineer (Backend – Node.js) at WiproDigital – London (London, UK)
We’re looking for a solid backend developer who has been around the block to help us build out an API driven (micro)services architecture.
You will be using the latest tools and technology, solving real-world problems while working with large data sets, complex back-end data transformation, 3rd party API integrations and multiple communication methods delivered natively.
Our ideal candidate has experience building core services and web-based APIs from the ground up, cares just as much about the product itself as the technology that powers it, and is capable of both structuring and writing clean, maintainable code. We hire engineers into each of our product teams.
- Experience Designing and implement REST-based APIs and microservices in Node.js.
- You are active in the open source community or have a desire to start contributing; our software engineers are constantly learning, using, and contributing to open source projects.
- You care deeply about code quality, performance, and execution, but aren’t a dogmatic perfectionist.
- You don’t mind helping out in other areas of the stack if necessary.
- You are comfortable in an environment where projects are time-sensitive.
- Experience building scalable solutions that perform under high transactional volume, handle large data set and are structured to support real-time reporting / analytics.
- Adapting to changes in products, projects, and direction won’t throw you for a loop.
- 3+ years experience in development using modern stacks/frameworks/technologies
- Experience with object-oriented and MVC design patterns
- API design experience
- Strong understanding of systems using real time interactions (websockets, long-polling, server sent events)
- Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) or Distributed Systems
- Experience with “Big Data” data stores and technologies (ElasticSearch, Cassandra)
- Experience with Relational Database Schema Design (preferably PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- Experience with Docker
- Development experience on a SaaS product
- Experience with CI/CD systems