Big Data Engineer at Philip Morris International (Kraków, Poland)
Big Data Engineer
Are you self-motivated? Do you thrive in transformation projects? Are you enthusiastic about analytics and Big Data? Do you understand the importance and the power of analytics to become a data driven decision company? If yes, then this job is just for you.
We are currently hiring for a talented Big Data Engineer to join our Data Services team developing and operating our PMI Enterprise Data Platform. PMI Enterprise Data Platform is a strategic capability to drive new consumer insights, to improve consumer experience, to enable fast context-aware decision making and to optimize operations along the value chain. This role will be based at PMI Service Center Europe Sp. z o.o in the Information Services (IS) Department in Kraków, Poland.
WE ARE LOOKING TO RECRUIT
• Bachelor degree in computer science,
• Candidate with at least one year of proven hands-on experience with a Big Data productive platform to solve business needs, architect, design and implement scalable, real-time and batch data applications,
• Person with knowledge of Hadoop ecosystem (i.e. HDFS, MapReduce, Spark, Hive, HBase),
• Candidate with Object-Oriented and/or Functional programming experience using Java/Scala with knowledge of Python,
• Candidate with knowledge of data ingestion tools and frameworks such NiFi, Flume, Goblin or other similar technologies,
• Experienced with real-time streaming technologies such Kafka, Spark Streaming, Flink,
• Person with strong experience in SQL, ETL processes and data warehouses.
An asset would be:
• Displaying initiative, self-motivation and effective time-management skills
• Working in UNIX/Linux environments and good scripting skills experience with Shell and Python,
• Understanding of other NoSQL technologies such Cassandra and Neo4J,
• Experience with database schemas, domain modelling and data integration,
• Good experience working in agile environment using methodologies such Scrum or Kanban,
• Knowledge of enterprise and big data architectural patterns
• Experience with development and contribution in the open-source community
• Excellent English
RISE TO CHALLENGE
PMI Service Center Europe Sp. z o.o. (PMI SCE) is seeking talented people to join our team in the Information Services (IS) Department in Kraków, Poland.
As a Big Data Engineer you will:
• Research, evaluate, and develop PMI Enterprise Data Platform capabilities to solve new data problems and challenges,
• Handle production support issues as they arise. Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation,
• Work in one or more cross-functional teams to develop prototypes, proof of concepts and implementing big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing and visualizing large sets leveraging PMI Enterprise Data Platform,
• Support internal PMI Data Scientist team during use cases delivery,
• Extend and improve our internal frameworks, develop guidelines and best practices,
• Perform, in collaboration with PMI Enterprise Architecture team, technology and product research to better define requirements, resolve important issues and improve overall capability of PMI Enterprise Data Platform,
• Communicate with various teams, keeping everyone up-to-date on deployments, outages, issues, and solutions.
• competitive salary and benefits
• company kindergarten possibility
• private medical and dental care, life insurance
• subsidized meals in company restaurant
• remote work opportunity and flexible working arrangements
• employee pension plan
• multisport program
• holiday, cultural & Christmas bonus
• wide range of trainings, optional language classes, further education and professional qualification support possibility
• free bike and car parking for all employees.
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER Philip Morris International Inc. (PMI) is the leading international tobacco company, with seven of the world’s top 15 brands, including the number one cigarette brand worldwide.
PMI SCE was established in late 2005 in Krakow and since then is increasingly serving PMI affiliates’ financial accounting, human resources (HR), Procurement and Information Services (IT) needs in Europe, Middle East and Africa. APPLY ON-LINE IN ENGLISH AT WWW.PMICAREERS.PL
Please note that only on-line applications will be taken into consideration. Only selected candidates will be contacted