Cloud Software Engineer w/ Golang at Comcast (Denver, CO)
Comcast’s Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Are you absolutely convinced that Cloud Technologies will be the future of software development?
As a Software Engineer for the Cloud Software Engineering team, you will join other passionate technologists to design and write Cloud Applications that onboard and monitor Comcast’s public and private cloud deployments.
Cloud Software Engineers work alongside Cloud Software Architects and Cloud Service Reliability Engineers to provide software tools specific to the demanding needs of our organization and that have significant visibility to Executive Management.
In your role on the cloud team, you will use Agile methodologies to continuously improve our hybrid cloud management console and lead development efforts to quickly integrate and deploy new features. You will be instrumental in getting other Comcast application teams onto the cloud and helping them visualize their ongoing cloud resource utilization and spending.
- Collect utilization metrics from a variety of cloud providers, public and private
- Write cloud utilization data into relational and time-series databases
- Design and develop the microservices that provide data to our hybrid cloud console
- Implement algorithms that extract, transform, and load (ETL) time-series data for more efficient presentation to our users
- Write and deploy microservices in containers
- Write and deploy functions as a service
- Internal leader of a team of engineers using the agile method
- Develop and operate (DevOps) our hybrid cloud console
- Databases: MySQL, InfluxDB, Cassandra
- Engineering tools: Ansible, Bootstrap, Jenkins, Github
- Runtime: Docker, Kubernetes, Angular, Prometheus, Elasticsearch
- Clouds: OpenStack, VMWare, AWS, Azure, Google
- 7+ years software development experience
- Experience designing and deploying production-grade software
- Experience with object design
- Experience writing distributed systems
- Experience developing in different compiled languages such as Go, Java, C++, and C
- Experience with web application development using HTML, CSS, and Angular
- Experience with data transport using XML and JSON
- Experience developing and debugging software on a network stack IP, TCP, HTTP, REST
- Experience using SQL and NoSQL databases
- Ability to navigate and administer Linux operating systems
- Understanding on how to scale server-side applications depending on load
- Demonstrated application of software engineering best practices
- Experience working on Agile teams, specifically using the Scrum method
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution
- BSCS or comparable background
Priority Consideration Given
- Go, Angular, TypeScript, JSON
- Docker, Kubernetes
- AWS, OpenStack
Strategic Platform Acceleration and Cloud Engineering (SPACE) was assembled from cloud technologists employed across Comcast’s Technology and Product (T&P) Division. SPACE is based in Denver, Colorado, with remote contributors in greater Los Angeles, Northern Virginia, and Philadelphia.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer