Python Software Engineering at trivago N.V. (Düsseldorf, Germany)
Do you have a passion for Python? Well guess what? So do we!
At trivago, our Python developers work on designing and implementing backend services to enhance our internal systems. This role involves working with information retrieval from data stored in Hadoop or Kafka, data analysis, development of distributed systems and much more.
If you’re looking for a work environment that guarantees modern equipment, promotes employee education and supports developers in improving their skill set during normal business hours, read on, and join the Talent Community today.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement and maintain new services and APIs.
- Scale and improve existing backend services.
- Work in close cooperation with the various departments, contribute to improving continuous integration practices.
- Support team members’ professional development, provide technology coaching and share the responsibility for the team and its proper functioning.
What you’ll definitely need:
- A B.Sc. in Computer Science or a related technical field, or the equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as a software developer with Python.
- Experience building modern APIs for different clients.
- An excellent understanding of Linux.
- Fluency in English (our company language).
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience in backend development.
- Experience with Git and continuous integration.
- Knowledge of cloud services (AWS/DigitalOcean, etc.).
- Knowledge of data processing at scale – designing, developing and continually improving tools.
- Experience with scraping.
- To be comfortable working with microservice-oriented architecture.
- Knowledge of the following: Twisted, Scrapy, Sqlalchemy, Flask, Pandas, Rancher, Docker.
Life at trivago is…
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago
How we hire:
- In order to revolutionize our recruiting process, we built the trivago Talent Community, where the focus is on you, rather than on a specific position. This gives you the opportunity to show off, and us the opportunity to review your profile and match it with the open or upcoming position that compliment you best.
- trivago N.V. is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from individuals with disabilities are welcome.