Senior Full-Stack Rail Developer at USA TODAY NETWORK (Cambridge, MA) (allows remote)
Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY Network, brings consumers the most scientific and trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is looking for a talented developer to join us as we extend our unique homegrown publishing platform and work to scale with our quickly growing user base. We have gone beyond traditional publishing platforms to build a dynamic application to help consumers find the best purchasing options on the products we recommend. The right candidate will help to make this platform better.
We are looking for candidates preferably in the Boston, MA or Pittsburgh, PA area but would consider someone remote.
What is needed
- Proven expertise with Ruby on Rails development, developing well-tested and organized applications
- Excited about optimization, performance and scaling to deliver great content to millions of users
- Interest in crafting an excellent user experience, both for the reader and for the publishing teams
- Excellent communication skills. We communicate constantly via chat and video about ideas, issues, and to help each other out
- A desire to be part of a small team where your opinions, ideas and creativity are valued
Technical skills required
- Real-world web development with Rails and/or Node.js, C#, Java, Python, etc.
- PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, noSQL
- Test-driven development using Rspec, Minitest or similar
- Working knowledge of Go and Node.js, or ability to learn
- Basic git usage and git-flow workflow
- Deployment and management of applications on Heroku and AWS-based infrastructure
- Service-oriented architectures and API design and integrations