Python Back End Developer at TXODDS (London, UK) (allows remote)
TXODDS is a dynamic player in the Sports data business looking to grow aggressively in the next 18 months. It is seeking a number of Developers to join a team responsible for the operation, development and maintenance of our current and future systems.
The technology platform is currently undergoing a period of reinvestment and the selected candidates will contribute to this. You will be able to work independently on distributed platforms, contribute effectively to team discussions/decisions and clearly communicate impediments when they arise.
We aim to expand on our diverse and skilled team. Applications are welcome from enthusiastic script-kids to Unix grey-beards.
Work with the Development Team to:
- Maintain existing applications and processes
- Develop new features for existing software and contribute to the design of new applications
- Monitor and Operate the existing applications
Software development practice
- Write tests where appropriate to validate changes
- Conform with change control procedures
- Participate in code reviews with peers
Proactively help in identifying improvements in the system, including:
- Better monitoring
- Performance tweaks
- Reliability enhancements
Escalation point 1st/2nd tier support for systems that the team support Travel on occasion to meet with other team members
- Strong Linux fundamentals
- Worked in online systems with high reliability requirements
- Any of: