NPV Advisors is a boutique Commercial Real Estate Appraisal & Consulting firm. NPV Advisors is one of the nation’s leading appraisal firms and has been in business since 1999. Headquartered in Chicago NPV has 4 additional offices in Seattle, Newport Beach, Houston & Atlanta. We provide property values to the banks, pension funds, and other parties. Our final product to our clients is a PDF of a combination of mostly Microsoft word & Excel.
Seven years ago NPV Advisors realized that in order to stay competitive we would need to stay on top the latest technologies that would make our teams as efficient as possible. That is when we hired our first in house software engineer and now we are looking to take another leap forward.
Glance is …
- Leading commercial real estate appraisal firm with top-tier corporate clients nationwide.
- Poised for major growth with a new strategic investment
- Somewhere you can have an outsized impact
- A small but growing firm with a friendly, open, and collaborative culture, where you’ll have regular interaction with top leadership
- Great benefits & EVEN Greater People
- Conveniently located right on Michigan Avenue
Some of the projects you would be working on:
- The continued development of the internal cloud-based ERP application suite.
- Working with business stakeholders in developing the next, data-warehouse based, iteration of ad-hoc data analysis and formal reporting.
- Modernizing, optimizing, and documenting the NPV template documents and the interactions of their multi-document output.
- Integrating the NPV templates with external data sources both static and API based.
Required Experience (most if not all):
Google Cloud infrastructure and services, and more generally with current cloud development concepts, pitfalls, and technologies.
Micro services, data warehouse, ETL, GIS (basics), distributed data consistency, REST API design, web application security risks (OWASP), web application identity and authentication concepts and standards (OAuth, JWT), design and implementation of modern web application UX, containers, TDD, current Microsoft Office automation, extension, and integration options, technologies, and implementation
- Debian Linux
- Google BigQuery
- Message Queues
- Google G Data APIs, Python and Node.js clients
- G Suite concepts, Admin, and APIs
- Google IAM
- PostgreSQL and PostGIS
- Bootstrap 3
- Containers, Kubernetes
- SSL concepts and cert management
- Site-to-site VPNs
- Modern Python packaging, managing dependencies, venv/virtualenv