Test Engineer (Backend) @ Coffee Meets Bagel
If you like fast-paced startups, Coffee Meets Bagel is the place for you. Your mission is to help people fall in love and make sure they have an awesome experience doing so! We are looking for a driven test engineer who is ready to step up and make a big impact at a growing start-up that helps people fall in love.
You will be a member of our backend team responsible for ensuring the quality of our APIs and core matching platform. You will not only perform end to end tests on our backend APIs and systems, but also be responsible for writing automated API tests. You will report directly to the engineering manager of our backend team.
- Coordinate and drive testing efforts including creating and executing test plans, test case development, and test status
- Be involved in end to end testing of all CMB products including but not limited to server API and mobile applications
- Collaborate with engineering, product, and customer service teams to uncover ambiguities in their written requirements, analyze incoming issues, determine reproducibility and conditions under which the issue occurs, and provide guidance towards resolving the issue
- Design, develop and maintain automated test cases
- Manage multiple releases across dev, staging and production environments
- Ensure the best possible reliability, correctness, performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Minimum two years experience in web application testing role
- Experience designing and executing test plans (both automated and manual)
- Ability to write high-quality, self-documenting code using test-driven development techniques
- Understanding of the different testing methodologies
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect front-end applications to back-end service
- Passion for product quality
- Strong desire to work in a fast-paced, startup setting
- Experience with Postgres or another RDBMS
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages. Python is preferred
- Experience with release management: CI/CD
- Experience working with Jenkins
Coffee Meets Bagel is helping people around the world fall in love and we LOVE what we do! Come to work every day in our slick new office right in downtown off the Powell Street BART station. We have all the usual startup perks including fully stocked snack bar, catered lunches, flexible work hours, unlimited vacation policy, happy hours, and more!
Or work from wherever you are from the comfort of your home or the bustle of your favorite coffee shop. We believe in hiring the best engineers wherever they are and strive to create an inclusive and collaborative work environment, even for remote employees!
Check out our tech engineering blog to get a closer look at what we’ve got going on under the hood! Or maybe you want some deeper insight on the culture at CMB? Jump over to keyvalues.io to see what our engineering team is all about 🙂