Information Security Engineer @ Invitae
Invitae is currently seeking an Information Security Engineer to support our information security vision, strategy and architecture.
This individual will support the team in the development, implementation and enforcement of security policies, programs and procedures to meet regulatory and compliance requirements and to mitigate risks.
What you will do:
- Support the design, implementation, maintenance and performance of information security controls for the organization’s networks, information systems and critical assets
- Support and coordinate risk assessments and security evaluations for vendors deploying either on premise or cloud
- Ensure that Information Security for Invitae’s services and infrastructure is maintained at a high level and reasonable cost without becoming an impediment to the business
- Support the investigation and resolution of security incidents
- Interface with Invitae customers during the sales process to answer questions about our security practices
Who you are:
- Experience in information technology and information security and/or IT risk experience
- Technical knowledge and experience working with the latest information security technologies and tools, including both commercially available and open-source
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and investigative skills combined with the ability to develop creative solutions and navigate through ambiguity in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, as well as strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Understanding of information security specifically around security policy, industry accepted frameworks and security standards such as ISO 27001/27002, CIS 20 Security Critical Controls, NIST 800 Series and other regulatory compliance requirements such as HIPAA
- High level of personal integrity, with the ability to professionally handle confidential matters while leveraging the appropriate level of judgment
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.