Systems Engineer @ 1010data
1010data travels at the speed of thought to make Big Data discovery easy; we power sub-second responses to analyses run on billions of rows of data.
An essential tool to more than 850 of the world’s top retail, manufacturing, telecom, government and financial services enterprises including The New York Stock Exchange, Dollar General, P&G, and RiteAid; 1010data is a highly differentiated product that is becoming the industry standard for Big Data Discovery and Data Sharing.
We are seeking a seasoned Systems Engineer with a desire to monitor, troubleshoot and oversee critical projects within a high-performance cloud computing infrastructure. This is an opportunity to work with a team of talented engineers and developers to help 1010data manage a large and private cloud.
With more than 32 trillion rows of data in our private cloud, 1010data is designed to scale to the largest volumes of granular data, the most disparate and varied data sets, and the most complex advanced analytics. All while delivering lightning-quick system performance.
If you have a passion for high-performance computing you will be instrumental in building tools to manage a highly scalable, 24/7 available platform for data analysis.
1010data’s production environment is unlike any other; making the ability and willingness to continuously learn and develop new technologies crucial. This role will offer and encourage the opportunity to continuously develop your skills and experience.
This role is remote, Thursday to Monday on the following schedule, depending on your location:
- 9am to 5am EST
- 8am to 4pm CST
- 7am to 3pm MST
- 6am to 3pm PST
- 4am to 2pm HST
- Monitor, scale, secure and manage our systems infrastructure as 1010data grows
- Automate the management of our application, databases, servers, storage and network devices
- Ensure the overall health and performance of software as a service
- Proactively identify trends, determine incident root causes, and manage adverse events from identification to resolution
- Virtualization – Administer, monitor, and troubleshoot VMware environment
- Some work with Amazon Web Services, assisting in migrating systems to the public cloud
Education and Experience:
- STEM degree from top tier university preferred; Mathematics, Statics oriented and HPDC course work highly desired
- Strong understanding of both Windows and Linux. You do not need to be an expert in both, but we are looking for someone with at least admin level capabilities in one and engineering capabilities in the other.
- Basic understanding of networking concepts and applications
- Strong understanding of computer organization, performance and availability
- Proficiency in programming or scripting – specific language is not required, but must be solid in one or more languages
- Experience in Amazon Web Services is a huge plus
- The successful person will be a cooperative, creative person who is strongly motivated to solve business issues. This person will be adept at finding the right technology balance to solve problems quickly and efficiently, while creating a maintainable codebase that can evolve as technologies change. This person must be capable of working independently and towards goals vs. just following instructions.
- Communicate clearly and have strong, positive interpersonal skills;
- Feel comfortable presenting to a group including management;
- Have the ability to articulate in his/her ideas, consider options presented by others and reach an informed, balanced technical opinion;
- Create clear, concise memos/summaries, design documentation and presentations
- Demonstrate the ability to review the technical documentation provided by others and provide constructive comments.
Original post https://www.wfh.io/jobs/4249-systems-engineer-1010data