Geospatial Developer at Geographic Information Services, Inc. (GISinc) (St. Louis, MO) (allows remote)
GISinc is a small business whose core purpose is to create insight through spatial technology. Since 1991, our team of professionals has been using Geographic Information Systems to solve staffing, technology, and business needs in markets ranging from Federal, State, and Local Governments to some of the largest public and privately-held companies in the world. If you have exceptional talent and interpersonal skills and meet the following description, please submit your resume using the link below.
Role: Geospatial Developer
Role Summary: You will have the opportunity to develop applications using various cutting-edge technologies following an ’Agile’ process. Working within an Agile based process, this role will be responsible for developing and testing Java and UI code as dictated by project requirements and working other team members.
- Envision, design, and develop web applications and UI modules for large-scale deployment and management in the Intelligence Community and Department of Defense
- Rapidly prototype web applications to showcase new concepts and ideas
- Utilize the Esri REST API for integrating the web application with back-end web services
- Create a rich developer-friendly toolkit to consume new server-side GIS functionalities, using the latest relevant techniques and best practices
- Apply good software design and development practices in daily activities
- Write comprehensive technical design specifications and support documentation
- Suggests new technologies and approaches, often demonstrating and championing their use
- Estimate the duration and level of effort of development tasks
Competencies and Skills:
- A real passion for working with teammates and customers to solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a high-tempo environment
- Familiarity with standard software development protocols and coding standards
- Application documentation including system design and technical specifications
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Geography/GIS, Engineering or related field*
- 2+ years experience as a software developer**
- US citizenship
- Extensive experience with HTML, DOM, CSS, event model, and cross-browser development
- Experience with AJAX, JSON, REST
- Excellent problem-solving, verbal and written communication, design, development, and debugging skills
- Ability to work independently and in groups to effectively participate in the Agile software development lifecycle
- Experience with using Agile software development methodologies (Scrum)
- Knowledge and practice of test-driven development methodology
* Additional experience can be substituted for education
** Additional education can be substituted for years of experience
- Location: St. Louis, MO metro area (St. Charles)
- Travel approximately 10% of the time.
You will be required to obtain a security clearance and proof of U.S. Citizenship is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.