Team Lead Data Science at trivago N.V. (Düsseldorf, Germany)
Our Marketplace team is looking for a Team Lead to help them successfully reach all their Data Science goals!
Marketplace’s core responsibilities are:
- Creating a delightful & consistent experience for users who search for the best rate.
- Enabling our advertisers to run superior marketing campaigns.
- Monetizing our product at the highest efficiency.
What you’ll do:
- Establish a vision for the team, and cooperate with your Product Owner on Roadmaps to realise that vision.
- Create better and smarter algorithms, independently, and with your team. Work on improving the techstack to help maintain a data infrastructure that is robust and scales well.
- Analyze data and effectiveness of algorithms, and general data crunching.
- Training, education and knowledge sharing in the area of Data Science.
- Recruiting of new data scientists and other roles within the team (e.g. ETL engineers etc).
- Inspire your team members!
What you’ll definitely need:
- 3+ years of Data Science experience.
- Knowledge of R, Python, Hadoop, SQL, Hive, Impala.
- Inspirational communication and motivational leadership skills.
- The ability to set clear and reachable goals, and measure the success of the team.
Want to know more about the team?
Read this recent interview with Philipp, founding father of Marketplace: https://life.trivago.com/experience/meet-team-marketplace.html
Life at trivago is:
- The belief that factual proof, not seniority, determines which path to take.
- Self-determined working hours based on measuring productivity through goals rather than number of hours spent in the office.
- Being supported in all your needs, including relocation assistance and language classes for international arrivals.
- The freedom to embrace small-scale failures as a path to large-scale success.
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with regular free workshops, seminars, sports and activities.
- The ability to push your ideas through to execution without being held back by bureaucracy.
- Working at our head office in Düsseldorf, a city boasting the 6th highest quality of life in the world for expats.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on Facebook – @lifeattrivago.