Software Engineer – Android
Airtable’s Android app presents a rare opportunity to design and develop elegant and novel mobile interfaces that elegantly support a wide range of database workflows so that our customers can organize anything, anytime, regardless of what device they’re using.
In developing Airtable’s Android app, we’ve taken great care to not simply port our web interface to mobile, but rather to design each interaction and animation in a mobile-first and touch-friendly way. We’re looking for someone to pick up the reins and lead all things Android. You’ll not only fully own the development of new features on Android, but also have the opportunity to rethink existing core Airtable features that currently have no mobile equivalent (e.g. Calendar and Kanban views) by creating them from scratch on Android.
What you’ll do
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, testing, releasing, and maintaining our Android app.
- Rethink Airtable’s web UI to operate seamlessly and natively on mobile.
Who you are
- You have extensive experience with developing high-quality, UI-rich Android apps — as a bonus, we’d love to see your apps in the Google Play Store!
- You have deep knowledge of Java (and Kotlin as a bonus!), as well as the Android SDK.
- You have strong UX sensibilities and enjoy perfecting the details that matter.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.