Big Data Database Administrator at Spherexx (Tulsa, OK)
Term: This is a full-time in-house administrator position. This is not a consulting, contractor, or remote position.
Project Scope: Architect a database structure for an ever-growing number of 3rd party vendors feeding data to us. We need a strategy to store daily, weekly monthly, quarterly, annual data sets so we can quickly present this compiled data in historical trending charts including things like quarter over quarter, year over year data. We also want to cross-pollinate this disparate data to help our clients see the correlations between these different 3rd party vendor data. Serving up all these different silos of data to quickly render into charts requires a data delivery strategy we need our consultant to devise for us. You’ll be in charge of building this strategy from ground zero and we will not be keeping any processes we are currently using.
Requirements For Experience: Hands on recent projects showing proof of the skill sets we need to guide us through big data expansion. Proven examples of strategy building from the ground up on a proven big data platform. In other words, we don’t’ want our projects to be your virgin voyage.
You will co-engineer sustainable solutions with our data science team to build big data models thinking proactively to scale ahead, integrated with a provisioned infrastructure to serve data via APIs and streams to integrate analytics with product platforms. You will help architect, design and build a data pipeline that serves hundreds of thousands of data points. We will be utilizing shared services on the AZURE platform unless you have a different recommendation.
- 3-4 years of experience administering database technologies (i.e., SQL Server, Postgres, Oracle, etc)
Proficient in designing efficient ETL workflows.
- Extreme programming fluency with one or more of the following languages Java, Scala, R, Python.
Leverage data processing technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, Presto, Spark, Cassandra and Neo4J in our infrastructure. We will expect you to make a recommendation of the data processing technology you would recommend we use after we brief you on the project.
Experience supporting and architecting data models for distributed systems and large-scale applications.
Independent, self-starter, strong communication, collaboration and mentoring skills
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to tune the data processing technology you recommend to improve performance and end-user experience.
- Associates degree plus 5 years of experience in Computer Science or other related fields; or BS Degree
- Performance Tuning, including documenting all requirements and steps for reference by the in-house programming team.
Benefits Package: competitive time-off package, competitive (employer subsidized) medical insurance package offered after the 60th day of full-time employment in addition to dental, vision, and life insurance, on-site fitness center, media center, indoor basketball court, full-service coffee bar, and many more office perks.
Salary: Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience. Spherexx.com® is always looking for passionate developers who crave new challenges.