Data Scientist within Market Intelligence at Volvo Car Corporation (Gothenburg, Sweden)
The future belongs to those who are empowered by a great idea and have the ability to carry it out. At Volvo Car Group, our vision is clear: “To be the world’s most progressive and desired luxury car brand” by simplifying people’s lives. We have bold targets when it comes to innovation, sales and customer satisfaction and to make this happen, we need talented people on board. People with passion, energy, business sense and the drive to innovate. People that want to create the next generation Volvo cars in a global, dynamic and respectful environment.
The Market Intelligence department is a global organization and part of the Global Consumer Experience organization. Market Intelligence is the unique provider of insights on consumers, competitors, business and markets. We influence major Volvo Car Group business decisions with specialist knowledge, research and data analytics.
In the Volvo Cars Data Science network there are approximately 25 persons at different organizational and geographical locations. This position will focus on the Global Consumer Experience and work in a team of five persons. The data scientist will report to the Senior Business Analytics director at Market Intelligence. The geographical location of the position is Gothenburg Sweden.
We’re looking for a data scientist, who preferably is having hands-on marketing, sales and consumer journey experience.
* Perform analysis on wide variety of data and process improvement opportunities; uncover trends, creating and distributing various metrics, reports and dashboards.
* Provide decision-support to business people and managers by creating reports, running queries, building predictive models – really doing whatever it takes – to support the analytical needs.
* Provide expert advice and education in the usage and interpretation of the data.
* Effectively translate analytical findings into the language of decision makers; communicate findings effectively supported by visual representations.
* Mentoring colleagues with less data science experience.
The person we’re looking for should fulfil the following criteria:
* M Sc in applied mathematics and, statistics or related area, or similar competence acquired outside the Universities.
* Minimum 2 years of Data Science working experience.
* Statistical knowledge and experience for solving business questions.
* Experience with and willingness to analyse and manipulating a wide range of data.
* Programming competence – please document which programming language.
* Be creative – see every problem from different angles to provide the best solution, by help of a combination of mathematical rigor and innovative algorithm design.
* Be business savvy – being able to operate in and sometimes change the Volvo Cars mind-set.
* Have common sense – go for the right level of granularity in every case, and focus on the important conditions.
* Being extrovert, outgoing, curious and having excellent presentation and communication skills, including the ability to convince by storytelling.
* Be committed – do whatever it takes to hit a deadline.
Contact & Application:
Please apply as soon as possible but no later than 2018-01-24
If you have further questions please contact hiring manager, Jan Wassén tel: +46-733-330663
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact recruiter Carl-johan Borvander, tel: +46728870670