DoneDone: Front-end Developer
Headquarters: Austin, TX
DoneDone is a simple issue tracker primarily used by digital agencies to manage the development, testing, and customer support of websites, apps, and other software. We’re currently developing a new version of our online presence and revamping our existing product for an anticipated launch later this summer.
We’re looking to remote contract a pragmatic and passionate front-end developer to help us build the following:
- Near term (the first 4-6 weeks), our brand new marketing site. We’re working with an outstanding designer who has already guided us to a visual presence we’re really proud of. It’s fresh, bright, and speaks to the heart of why we’re in business. Now, we need to build it.
- After that (the next 2-3 months), help enhance the UI and UX of the new version of our web application, working alongside the rest of our small team. We’re not starting from scratch — we have a 7-year old responsive web app that’s been maintained with care and is still in great shape. Our backend engineer is also one of our founders. We’re committed to building a great product technically.
- Longer-term, we have a bunch of other work to get to — from our mobile app to our internal admin tool to continued improvements to the product indefinitely after our re-launch. We’ll prioritize what those things are at the right time.
We’re a different kind of company than you might’ve worked with before.
- We don’t believe in “hockey stick” growth. Instead, we aim for steady growth — one that can be sustained by just a handful of smart people who believe equally in our mission.
- We consider a balanced and fulfilling work-life as important as profit. We want to be the company our next hire envisions working with for the long-term.
In order of importance:
- A diligent, trustworthy self-manager
- A passion for writing clean, light-weight, maintainable code using first principles (DRY, KISS, YAGNI). We prefer code written well over code written fast.
- You’re strongest skill set is with semantic HTML markup, CSS (using SASS), and responsive design
- Experience creating and maintaining WordPress sites including some fluency in PHP. We currently use WordPress and WPEngine for our marketing site.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Experience working with .NET (Visual Studio, C#, .NET MVC, ASPX). This is the stack we use for our web application. Being this far down the list, it’s certainly not crucial, but nice to have.
- Experience with any other backend languages or frameworks
- At least 2 years of programming experience
- Native mobile, iOS and Android development
This is a contract, remote position. We encourage all qualified US citizens to apply for this job.
No recruiters. No direct phone calls. Thank you.
To apply: Please apply online: https://donedone.workable.com/jobs/678051/candidates/new