Java Software Engineer at JP Morgan Chase (Columbus, OH) (allows remote)
As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. Youll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. Youll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of whats being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, youll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines.
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems.
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets.
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals.
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement.
- 5+ years of professional IT experience in Software Engineering / Application Development.
- Strong knowledge of automated testing, including automated build and deployment technologies, such as: Maven, Jenkins, Git, etc.
- Flexibility and ability to execute against tight deadlines, work with minimum supervision, exercise independent judgement, and prioritize work.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. Its our mission to efficiently take care of our clients wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested.Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., youre not just working at a global financial institution. Youre an integral part of one of the worlds biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and were building a technology organization that thrives on diversity.We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation.If youre looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.