Junior Front-End Developer @ unblu
Are you fuelled by a passion to learn, experiment, and create high-quality browser experiences? Do you want to develop your skills using industry best-practices? Come join us at unblu, as we want passionate people with initiative in our web team to meet and exceed continuously changing expectations!
unblu is a leading vendor for co-browsing and live collaboration solutions. We work in small, efficient teams where development, product management, marketing, design and delivery work closely together. Our main offices are next door to the main railway station in Basel, Switzerland. While unblu headquarters are in Basel, we are also open for applications from the Rhein/Neckar area in Germany.
About our Web Team
Our team is small but full of personality and has a great mix of maintaining focused goals and simply being a great team to work in.
You will be an integral member of the team working day to day with different web technologies, researching solutions, and using the right tool for the right job. Your diverse skill set will help you build, maintain and customise solutions that are a perfect fit for the business requirement.
In summary, you will:
- Help develop and maintain several web-based projects (websites and marketing demos) within AWS.
- Develop best-practice modular solutions.
- Propose and suggest improvements to existing processes and practices.
- Closely work together with marketing and product development.
- A university degree in Computer Science or a comparable qualification.
- A huge thirst to learn.
- Demonstratable experience and understanding in:
- Coding HTML with a focus on semantics.
- Organized CSS modules (knowledge of SMACSS, BEM, or OOCSS a plus).
- Principles in Responsive Web Design.
- Appreciation of software design patterns a plus
- Appreciation of good graphic design principles valuable.
- Experience and comfort with the command line on linux based operating systems (e.g. Ubuntu).
- Good verbal communication in English, German a plus.
- Written skills in German or English a plus.
- Remote working possible.
- A challenging but hugely rewarding role in the web team of the world’s leading co-browsing software manufacturer
- A fantastic opportunity to learn, which will lead to further opportunities and career progression within the company.
- Work in a friendly and highly motivated, distributed team
- Competitive salary, 5 weeks holidays and flexible working hours