Development Manager – 111 year old business with the spark of a startup! at Winning Group (Waterloo, Australia)
Passionate about driving innovation and building best-in-class software solutions? Do you have a proven track records in nurturing and managing high performing software development teams? Want to work for a market leader in the ecommerce space with 111 years of heritage and the spark of a startup?
This is a superb opportunity for a highly-driven technophile to lead a highly capable Internal Systems Software Development Team who build and support leading edge software platforms across various retail and e-commerce software functions. These platforms are critical to differentiate Winning Group as leaders in the modern technology-led digital world.
The team manage a portfolio of web applications and middleware solutions with a strong focus on business areas such as order management/fulfillment, warehouse logistics, inventory management and customer service.
You should be an individual who wants to split their time between managing people, technical architecture and actively developing products and solutions. Working with a modern Java tech stack and a focus on scalability and distributed systems you’ll be passionate about driving innovation and building best-in-class software solutions.
What Your Day-to-Day Might Look Like
- Contribute to the technical architecture of solutions – technology selection, design and documentation.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the development team across the full stack of the solution.
- Take ownership of the technical delivery of the development team.
- Provide an expert’s depth and breadth of experience in building high availability, scalable applications and solutions.
- Ensure the quality of code produced – identify and promoting coding standards, test coverage, and design.
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven track record in nurturing and managing high performing software development teams
- Have a passion for developing people and helping them to maximise their potential, through one-to-one coaching and team facilitation.
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing, negotiation and reasoning skills to earn support of business leaders, technology leaders, colleagues, and vendor representatives.
- Established background with modern Java web technologies such as Spring, Spring MVC, Hibernate/JPA and relational databases (desirable)
- Experience with Ionic or Cordova frameworks for building hybrid apps (desirable)
- Container technologies such as Docker or Kubermetes (desirable)
…Think Silicon Valley with family values
Our philosophy on technology is simple: don’t settle for the ‘standard’ way of doing things. Set your own rules, rather than waiting for permission from the status quo. We’ve 110 years of heritage with the spark of a start-up, and we’re not slowing down.
For us, innovation is more than a buzzword. Innovation is your initiative to improve the world. It’s in your desire not just to think big, but to ACT big, and extend your boundaries.
Our culture is excited by change and bringing new ideas into the world – because real innovation never stops. And if that excites you too, then we’d love to meet you.