Loco2: Customer Support (Weekends)
Headquarters: London, UK
- We need additional support on weekends, so this role requires you to work on Saturday, Sunday and Monday each week.
- We’re happy to chat with people who want to work 3, 4 or 5 days a week, so long as Sat-Mon is included in your proposed schedule.
- You’ll need to be online during office hours, usually from 9.30-6 GMT or thereabouts. There’s flexibility in that once you’re up to speed.
- This is a remote job, but you won’t be alone. You will have online tools like Slack, Help Scout, Trello and Basecamp at your disposal to answer any query. You can come and visit us in the office too, if you like.
- Competitive salary and holiday, pro-rata according to the number of days you work a week.
- Becoming an expert on our product and all things train-related.
- Troubleshooting and replicating customer issues, identifying and reporting bugs.
- Identifying gaps in our Help content to make it easier for users to help themselves.
- Suggesting improvements to the Loco2 product and UX so that customers are delighted, impressed, and left with a warm, glowing feeling.
- Seeking and suggesting ways to reduce volume of incoming customer queries.
- Helping customers in real-time once we’ve launched our live chat.
- Independent – You have the ability to identify and solve tricky issues on your own initiative, but aren’t too proud to ask for help when needed. You can clearly articulate problems in writing so they can be picked up and resolved by somebody else if you aren’t online.
- Tech-savvy – You aren’t fazed by complex technology or information, and enjoy wrapping your brain around new challenges.You’ll probably download our app right now just to try it out.
- Level-headed – You’re patient and empathetic with others, especially if they’re not as technology-literate as you (or even if they’re just having a bad day).
- Emotionally intelligent – You can think laterally to solve customer (and your own!) frustration.
- Conscientious – You’ll be given plenty of autonomy to simply do what’s right, no questions asked. With great power comes great responsibility. You’ll have a high degree autonomy; working weekends means fewer teammates around for support.
- Excellent written communication skills – You are pedantic about spelling and grammar, but remain an affable human being nonetheless.
- Because this role requires mostly independent work and decision making, we’re seeking somebody with prior experience of providing online customer support.
- You’re someone who thrives working remotely without much (if any) oversight.
- You’re actively seeking to work weekends.
- You’re in a European time-zone and can be online during “office hours” on the weekend.
- You have a home-office environment that’s fit for remote work.
- If you’re a native speaker from Italy, Spain or Germany, great! So long as your English is spot on, too.
- You’ve travelled and understand the unique stresses of making international trips.
- Prior experience of working with online booking platforms, and a knack for figuring out how they work
- Familiarity with European rail network. Maybe you have posters of your favourite trains on your wall (or at least you would if you were sure that society wouldn’t judge you for it).
- Basic knowledge of HTML a plus (for editing help docs).
- Why you’re interested in joining us.
- The relevant experience you’ve had.
- Why working Sat – Monday works for you, and which other days (if any) you’d like to work.
- Your salary expectations.
To apply: Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org addressing the specific questions listed above. Please note that we do not respond to approaches from recruitment agencies, and emails will be marked as spam.