Quant Python Developer (Global Hedge Fund) at GuardX (New York, NY)
We are excited to have been retained to search for two Quant – Python Developers for a Global Hedge Fund that is still growing rapidly!
About the company
The firm has over 600+ Employees across the Asian, European, and US Markets developing quantitative models and proprietary trading platforms using cutting-edge technology to drive better insight of data and risk measures for investments. The company has also won several awards as the Best place to work, Winners of annual Hedge Fund Awards, and Winners of machine-learning competitions to name a few.
- Pivotal role and a step in the right direction for career development in areas such as; Quantitative Finance, Quants, Data Science, Software Engineering, and Trading
- International career development programs
- Great working environment & Supportive Culture (9am – 6pm hours)
- Very attractive salaries, above market benefits + bonuses
- Breakout, private rooms, snack bars, with breathtaking office views
- No previous Finance or Hedge Fund experience required.
The team is looking for someone that can work within the quants team and build advanced tools for statistical analysis for live trading data and costs. The team is also looking at ways on how best to automate trading processes with cutting-edge technology, the role will be 80% development and 20% quants focused.
- Develop common tools and libraries to facilitate both research and live trading
- Develop monitoring and risk management tools for live trading environment
- Develop tools for statistical analysis of trading costs
- Increase automation of research and trading processes
- Research and evaluate new technologies for research and trading environments
- Operate and troubleshoot software in a fast-paced environment
- Handle ad-hoc queries from PMs and management
- 1-3 years of relevant industry experience
- S./M.S./Ph.D. from a leading university in Math, Applied Statistic, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering, discipline
- Have superior programming skills, especially in Python
- Be intelligent with excellent critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Good understanding of applied statistics
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail
- Strong willingness work in a team environment, and to help others
- Knowledge of visualization techniques, GUI development is a plus
For a complete job description or a confidential discussion, please feel free to call Anthony directly on 917.602.7578 or email email@example.com Click “Apply Now“