Software Engineer at LaunchPad (London, UK)
Launchpad Recruits is a VC backed technology startup and are the UKs leading recruitment technology platform which allows businesses to use the best-of-breed assessments to search for new talent during their recruitment process. We have built up a unique dataset through our online assessments platform including situational judgement tests, psychometric tests and online video assessments. With a rich and varied data set, we have been building various analytics-driven and machine learning based predictive analytics services to a continually scaling customer base, consisting of many well-known and popular worldwide brands.
We are looking to expand our data driven product capabilities for new and existing functionality, including machine learning based products, data analytics and insights services. This is therefore an opportunity to work on both existing large-scale machine learning based projects and a wide variety of new upcoming projects using the latest technology within a highly capable and motivated data team. The software engineering will help the data team to develop and deliver an expanding set of data analytics and prediction model services, including the core Launchpad Recruits application, to support our rapid expansion into new markets. Founded in 2012, we’re an exciting and fast growing young business which offers huge career and professional growth opportunities to anyone who cares passionately about a job well done. Now’s the time to become a part of our bright and exciting future!
Responsibilities will include:
- Design and build a world class data science platform using the latest open source big data, data science and machine learning technologies.
- Work closely with product managers and data scientists to build models that discover insight in data that meet designed project specifications.
- Be involved at every stage of the product lifecycle from idea generation to launching products.
- Employ a wide range of software tools and platforms of the Data Science/Data Engineering ecosystem, including: Python, relational databases (MySQL and PostgreSQL), message queues, Docker, AWS.
- Project and time-management is an important aspect of the role. The post-holder will be expected to:
- Plan, manage and monitor the delivery of their own work to a high standard under general direction from the Data Team, working either alone or closely with other developers, data scientists from the team as required.
- Develop and implement new system features.
- Plan, design and execute application testing using BDD processes.
- Liaise closely with stakeholders across the company to ensure that user requirements and quality expectations are properly understood, and that information about projects is effectively communicated and documented.
- Work with the Support Team to resolve issues and investigate irregularities.
- Perform application maintenance.
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Great place to learn and contribute towards building exciting data driven products