Zapier: Marketing Data Analyst
Headquarters: San Francisco
We’re looking for a Marketing Data Analyst to join the data team at Zapier. Interested in helping grow a product that helps the world automate their work so they can get back to living? Then read on…
Even though our job description may seem like we are looking for a candidate with a very specific skillset, the role will be tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you love to collaborate with data scientists, engineers, customer support, marketers, writers, and business and operations experts to understand and address their data needs and help them become more efficient.
You are a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You can communicate unfamiliar technical topics clearly and approachably.
You’re experienced in at least one SQL dialect. They’re all about the same; we happen to use Redshift.
You’re comfortable working in the context of the marketing funnel. You’ve used data to do things like: guiding your marketing team towards different marketing activities, reallocating budget, or choosing editorial content based on data.
You’re excited by helping your teammates and stakeholders develop KPIs and associated dashboards. You’ve mastered at least one BI / Data Visualization tool for keeping your team up-to-date with the numbers.
You enjoy collaboration and knowledge sharing. You appreciate our team’s values of eagerness to collaborate with teammates with any level of statistical knowledge, iterating over your deliverables, and being curious.
You will default to action by initially shipping code that simply works and works simply, while iterating as needed to get towards better solutions.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Help the editorial team choose what type of content to write, based on internal data and keyword research.
- Guide the partnerships team to unearth that unsung partner who might be small, but has such a great Zapier use case that we should spend a lot more time talking to them.
- Support our Growth and Marketing teams by helping them compose queries, deliver reports, predictions and analysis to match their needs.
- Ad hoc analyses to determine the impact of a new page design.
- Perform ETL tasks to model new dimensions and facts in our data warehouse’s dimensional model
- Implement multi-touch attribution models for users, dollars, and partner acquisitions.
- Help design and evaluate experiments to improve funnel conversion rates.
- The tools you’ll use include AWS Redshift, SQL, Google Analytics, Looker, Matillion ETL, and Python or R (nice-to-have but not mandatory), AWS Athena.
- As a part of Zapier’s all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
To apply: https://zapier.workable.com/j/AE270A4ADA