Senior Server-Side Architect at Hubstaff () (allows remote)
In this position you will work alongside our lead architect and be responsible for assisting, and in many cases leading, architectural design, development, and deployment of our code bases. You will define solutions based on user/customer needs and within the constraints of our current implementation. The role includes writing specifications, designing wireframes, having phone/Skype-based meetings to manage the project, and reviewing code frequently.
A strong grasp of our tech stack and database strategies is required. While we are looking for someone who stays on top of industry trends and is aware of new technologies that could be used in the system architecture we emphasize a focus on battle-tested technologies.
The position will report directly to our CTO and work closely with our other engineers. We have projects that require a full-stack skillset but that go deep on back-end architecture and implementation.
You’ll be able to work 100% remotely.
You’ll be a good fit if you:
- Are self-disciplined and have a great work ethic
- Have good time management skills
- Communicate well
- Love to learn new things
- Are a full-stack engineer (UI/UX, backend, etc.)
- Can work until at least 1pm EST (M – F)
- Have at least 10 years of experience with server-side work
- Have managed a team of 5 or more developers
- Ruby on Rails
- React & Redux
- Unit tests (rspec, etc.)
- Memory profiling
- Performance profiling
- Git strategies
- SQL (query optimization, locking, etc.)
- Advanced debugging skills
- API architecture
- Background workers
- Caching strategies
- Writing design docs/specifications
- Service workers architecture