Senior Platform Engineer at HealthPrize Technologies (Norwalk, CT) (allows remote)
HealthPrize is hiring a Senior Platform Engineer
At HealthPrize, we are changing the way people think about their medication and their health!
If you are seeking more passion than red tape, an environment where hard work is rewarded with great opportunity, and where an entrepreneurial mindset is essential, then HealthPrize may be the place for you!
Our growth is being fueled by work with leading brands in life sciences such as Abbott, Walgreens, and Gilead. Join the close-knit engineering team that designs and develops our industry leading patient engagement platform. Hone your skills in an agile, collaborative environment and work with us to measurably improve the state of healthcare globally.
We are looking for self-motivated engineers to join our team to help take our platform to the next level. At HealthPrize, Senior Platform Engineers have a deep understanding of progressive web application fundamentals and the back-end architecture required to power a suite of globally distributed apps. They consistently deliver large features that provide significant value to our customers. They collaborate well with others, seek input from teammates, and provide detailed code reviews.
We are polyglots at heart, and like to use the right tools for the job. Currently, our core technologies include Java, Aurora/MySQL, Spring-Boot, Docker, Redis, ElasticSearch and all the goodness on Amazon Web Services. We’re currently investigating the tradeoffs of introducing Kotlin to the mix. Our platform is fully deployed on AWS in a highly secure environment that we manage & operate.
As a successful candidate, you:
- Love to deliver useful software and respond to feedback from the people who use it
- Have strong experience as a professional developer working with a distributed team
- Are passionate about shipping code that is scalable, maintainable and well-tested
- Are fluent in the Java language and can reason about the JRE
- Can successfully communicate with internal and external stakeholders to resolve operational concerns & customer issues
- Enjoy optimizing complex data models for understandability and performance
- Are not dogmatic in your technology choices, but have the passion and knowledge to engage in debates about various tooling and technologies
- Have experience designing, implementing, and maintaining APIs as a service for your team and customers
- Are familiar with our open source stack and associated tooling
- Have experience deploying and operating services-oriented platforms on AWS infrastructure
- Are interested in building a reliable, fault-tolerant, multi-tenant platform and delivering it to a global user base
Located in South Norwalk, CT, HealthPrize Technologies is the pioneer in the use of gamification, behavioral economics, and consumer marketing concepts to engage and motivate patients. Programs developed on our platform are used by life science companies to inspire brand loyalty, improve health literacy, and maximize medication adherence.
Many companies say they are entrepreneurial, but we really are, and are looking for people who are ready to contribute and make an immediate impact. We are in the midst of an exciting period of growth as we expand the number of programs developed on our platform and are seeking smart, hard-working, and self-directed individuals who can thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
While we are focused on solving serious health problems, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. If you like to work hard and have fun doing it, you’ll fit right in. Our offices are within walking distance to dozens of restaurants, bars, and coffee shops, and are just one block from the waterfront.
HealthPrize is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. HealthPrize also expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on any of the above.