Advanced Data Analyst / Data Scientist – Relocation to NL at Coolblue (Rotterdam, Netherlands)
As an Advanced Data Analyst / Data Scientist you use the data of millions of visitors to help Coolblue act smarter.
What you tell people at parties
“I am the fortune teller of Coolblue. After investigating and analyzing different data sources, I understand the past and I predict the future.”
What you really do
- Perform complex in-depth analyses by using statistical models and machine learning techniques.
- Create new insights, design procedures, and smart solutions for the future of the business.
- Integrating analyses, data, and business processes by incorporating the data sciences solutions in our systems.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to ensure the correct implementation of algorithms, the creation of new features, and the launch of real-time model experiments
- Coach junior Data Scientists.
How you do it
- You are fully aware of the fact that you first need quality data to perform optimal analysis and you know how to obtain this.
- You provide technical expertise and solutions in the field of Data Sciences.
- You use data for deep analyses and implement this autonomously in the many software systems that Coolblue has at its disposal.
- You implement machine learning techniques firstly as prototype, to later on implement it in a production environment.
- You use the right tools for whatever job is thrown at you.
You’ll be part of the Data Scientist team, which consists of a Data Scientist, a Scrum Master, and a Product Owner. They have different levels of experience and you’ll support them in becoming even more amazing than they already are.
A day at the office
Today, you’re challenged with improving the weekly sales forecasting models. Before you get started, you need to gather the necessary data from our systems and plot it in such a way that you see the situation in terms of precision. First, youll have a talk with Matthias and Giuseppe, who’ve already worked on this problem before.
After the meeting, you’ve come up with an idea for a new prototype that improves the forecast with help of a small sample of the time series. For your prototype, you decide to create a script written in R and/or Python.
Nice! You increased the precision of the forecast by an average of 2%. It only pays off when the algorithm is implemented, so therefore you make plans how you are going to do this in the upcoming weeks.
What we’re asking
- A university-level degree, MSc. or PhD. in Mathematics, Computer science, or Statistics.
- At least 6 years of relevant business experience in a similar environment (experience only in academia is not enough).
- Comfortable manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources.
- You have extensive experience in writing scripts in Python and/or R.
- You have experience with Data mining, SQL, BigQuery, and NoSQL databases.
- You have a sound experience in applying Machine Learning techniques like GBM, Random Forest, Elastic-Net, Deep learning and demonstrable experience in applying those techniques (or similar) successfully in a corporate setting.
- Previous experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, or Cassandra is highly desirable.
- Willing to relocate to Rotterdam (or to reasonable daily travel distance).
What we’re offering
- Over 30 training courses at our own Coolblue University, to help you become a bit better every day.
- A discount on all of our products.
- An awesome workplace. With freshly prepared meals, monthly TGIF drinks at our own bar, epic Coolblue parties, team activities, and an informal, playful office space.
- An office at the best possible location. It’s just a hop, skip, and jump from Rotterdam Central Station. Or a 2-minute walk.
- 25 leave days. As long as you’ll promise to come back.
- Travel allowance and a retirement plan.