Foxbox: Freelance Full-stack Developer (Python, React, Ruby or Elixir)
Headquarters: Chicago, IL
Foxbox is a creative application development consultancy looking for super smart & creative developers who care about their code. We embrace the latest development practices with a focus on automated tests and continuous delivery.
We are a brand new consulting company and you are the first developer on our team. You’ll work with an experienced CTO who has lead development teams at multiple successful companies and built applications that scaled to handle millions of users daily.
Our first client is a company that manages short term rentals and they want to build a tool to automatically price their units based on historical data. We’re building the tool in Python with a PostgreSQL database. We have the logic scoped out, the historical data ready to go and we need you to build the tool.
We will be taking on projects to build apps in React Native, Ruby & Elixir in the near future. We’re looking to build a small team of developers and together we’ll build our future client projects. If you enjoy challenges, learning new things, and working on different projects, then come join our team!
Why we’re special
- We embrace latest software development practices (automated testing, code with agility, automatic code formatting, continuous delivery)
- Offer direct mentoring from an experienced CTO
- We take pride in our code and craft it well, but sometimes quick & dirty is what’s needed
- Flexible hours & work from home
- We’re not afraid to break things
What we’re looking for
- Smart, passionate full-stack developers
- Experienced in Python, Ruby, Elixir or React / React Native
- Focus on testing
- Wants to learn
- Loves Git
- Curious and creative
- Test and love your code
- Working US hours (timezones UTC-6 – UTC-3)
- Ability to work min 20 hours / week
- Minimum 3 years professional experience
What will I get?
- Competitive hourly pay
- Learn through mentorship
- Working with people who care about code
To apply: Tell us why you’re a great fit, why you love to code, and your desired hourly rate. Send us a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com