Senior Endpoint Software Engineer (*nix) at Carbon Black (Boston, MA) (allows remote)
Position can be based in Boston, MA, or Portland, OR
Why Carbon Black?
At Carbon Black, you’ll have the chance to make an impact in the ever-evolving cybersecurity space. Our advanced technology tackles even the toughest challenges and stays ahead of the latest threats.
If you want to join a growing company filled with people who are passionate about beating the world’s nastiest adversaries, Carbon Black is the place for you. We’ve been named a “Top Place to Work” by the Boston Globe for four consecutive years because our teams are the best at keeping the world safe. We value diversity as we believe bringing in different views creates a distinct product advantage. Join us!
Why You Matter
Our Carbon Black Defense Sensor team is looking for Software Engineers with experience in macOS or *nix development, computer security, and development of enterprise-grade endpoint software systems. Ideal candidates have experience developing code against posix on unix platforms writing code in C/C++ for endpoints as well as a passion to create a world class security product. If you love computer security and digging into complex engineering challenges, then we want you on our team!
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer working on macOS or *nix
- Ability to contribute in all areas of the software development process, including software design, new-feature development, and debugging/problem diagnosis
- Comfort working with complex, mission-critical systems
- Knowledge of computer-security fundamentals
- macOS experience is a plus, including exposure to other languages like Objective C/C++ or Swift.
What You’ll Do
- Plan, develop, and own multiple features through the complete software development lifecycle
- Contribute to code reviews and give construct, high-quality feedback.
- Proactively identify potential pitfalls in proposed software designs
- Participate in Agile development processes and become a true team citizen.