Cloud Infrastructure Engineer at Obsidian Security (Newport Beach, CA)
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll keep your finger on the pulse of the entire stack. You aim for fast integration and focus on service availability, scalability, and resilience. As part of the engineering team, you’ll provide developers a full set of DevOps lifecycle tools that will result in a fully automated release management pipeline. This includes automated build processes, environment setups, testing scripts, deployments, and production operational metrics/debugging information (to target developers).
You’ll perform operational engineering for activities which include platform upgrades, patching, monitoring, configuration, and troubleshooting. For you, it’s about building the smartest system operations for a world class cloud architecture.
We prefer this hire to be located or be willing to relocate to the Newport Beach, CA area, however we are open to remote options for outstanding candidates.
Specifically, you are someone who can:
- Design, create, own and maintain our systems and service deployments in multi-cloud architecture (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
- Continuously improve our infrastructure for better reliability, observability, and overall simplification.
- Integrate DevOps mindset into development, deployment and operations lifecycle.
- Enable rapid deployment of new product features with the necessary safeguards to maintain stability, availability and performance.
- Approach all of the above with a security first mindset.
- Highly analytical and curious mind with a Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
- Experience with infrastructure engineering tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Consul, and Vault is essential.
- Proficiency configuring container orchestrators and deploying services on top of them.
- Understanding of observability and how it enables rapid development.
- Familiarity with coding languages such as Bash, Go & Python.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to articulate technical problems and projects to broader teams.
- Pragmatic problem solver with a passion of high availability and service delivery.
At Obsidian, we value diversity and freethinkers and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to submit satisfactory proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States.
Note to all recruitment agencies: Obsidian does not accept applicant resumes from any agency with whom Obsidian does not have a written agreement. Obsidian is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a written agreement with Obsidian.