Cofense: Director of Software Quality Assurance
Headquarters: Leesburg, VA
- Lead and direct QA Managers and Leads [on-shore and offshore] within the dept., ensuring all activities in those teams are driving towards a high quality software for our customers developing and optimizing key processes with the objective to improve the quality of our offerings.
- Manage and mitigate risks to ensure on time, high quality delivery of all software products
- Work closely with Software Engineering leadership, other dept. heads and other internal, non-software groups (e.g. Product, Legal, Security) to help define Quality strategy as it relates to Software Engineering.
- Devise and execute on an automation testing strategy with an eye towards reducing reliance on manual testing
- Attract, Recruit and Develop rock star Quality team.
- Develop, implement and promote best practices in Software Quality Processes
- Create and foster a passionate quality assurance environment.
- Champions the vision of a high-preforming team and high-quality product
- Relies on experience to successfully manage all people and teams, represents good organizational values.
- Clearly and effectively communicates tasks and expectations
- Collaborate with Scrum Masters and Engineering Leads in planning software releases
- Generosity in coaching and mentoring cross-team members at all levels
- Drives the maturity and standardization across the technology organization in the areas of QA process, communication, defect prevention, automation and overall effectiveness in supporting the development lifecycle
- As part of defining and refining requirements, understand business goals and specific objectives, conduct requirement gap analysis to identify discrepancies to set clear expectations around business goals.
- Work with Engineering Management to make sure that QA needs for the product are well represented during budgeting and strategic planning
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years of QA experience, 5+ years in a management role within a SaaS environment
- Proven track record managing QA for a high-quality, Enterprise SaaS product using Agile
- Expertise in automation and test framework development
- Experience testing at the UI and API-level.
- Experience in communicating with users and project managers to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical requirements.
- Able to effectively motivate team members to set and achieve the corporate and individual goals
- Ability to effectively communicate goals, schedule, status, issues and risks to multiple levels both internal and external to the organization
- Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
- Pursues training and development opportunities;
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills;
- Shares expertise with others.
- Competitive salary
- 401k with company match
- Health, vision, dental, disability, life insurance
- Telecom expense reimbursement
- Telecommute (United States Only)
To apply: To apply for this position, please follow the link below: